As part of our outreach to newcomers to Canada whose mother tongue is not English, the Intercultural Ministry at Cedar Grove provides free ESL classes at the beginner to high intermediate level. All ESL classes are free, however students have to purchase their required textbooks.
WINTER TERM REGISTRATION FOR NEW STUDENTS - JANUARY 6 & 7 | 10 - 11 am
10 - 11 am | Room P213
$60 Course Workbook Fee
All of our ESL classes are taught from September of one year to June the next year, with the exception of the Advanced Class that runs September to April of the following year. While students may be admitted at any time throughout the ESL school year, they are encouraged to enroll for the full year of instructions. Textbooks used are from the Cambridge “Ventures2e” series following the Canadian Language Benchmarks guidelines for the pre-beginner (CLB-0) to the high intermediate (CLB-7) level. Students who have successfully completed our Ventures-3 (intermediate) class may, upon request, receive a letter stating that they have completed the CLB-4 requirements for their Canadian Citizenship application.
Attending any of our ESL classes requires a pre-class interview and registration. No registrations will be accepted during the Summer break or December.
AVAILABLE ESL CLASSES are as follows:
ESL Beginner Classes
Tuesdays & Wednesdays | 10 am to Noon
Teachers: Elaine & Val (Tuesdays); Jane & James (Wednesdays)
Start Date: Tuesday, January 7, 2020
ESL Intermediate Classes
Thursdays & Fridays | 9:45 - 11:45 am
Teachers: Joan & Judy (Thursdays); Mabel & Phaik (Fridays)
Start Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
ESL Advanced Classes
Mondays & Tuesdays | 10 am - Noon
Classrooms: Mondays P213; Tuesdays P201
Lead Teachers: Peter (Mondays); Terry & Shane (Tuesdays)
Start Date: Monday, January 6, 2020
ESL COURSE TERMS are as follows:
- FALL Term: September - December
- WINTER Term: January - March
- SPRING Term: April to June
New students are encouraged to start in September; however, they may join a class if they are able to follow the program in progress.
- Those with no English prospective students may come by Mondays between 9:30 and 11:30 AM to find out whether the class is suitable.
- Those who feel they know some English and would like to improve it may come by Wednesdays between 9:30 and 11:30 AM to find out whether the class is suitable.
- Those with 50% spoken English knowledge may come by Tuesdays between 9:30 and 11:30 AM to find out whether the class is suitable.
Contact us at:
CEDAR GROVE CHURCH
10330 – 144 St. Surrey, BC, V3T 4V3