ESL Small Groups are offered to those whose mother tongue is not English and wish to improve their English speaking skills. They are offered in two versions:
- ESL Bible Study: Meets by Zoom on Tuesdays from 9:00 to 10:30 am
The Intercultural Ministry at Cedar Grove Church
invites anyone interested to join one of the ESL Life Groups. There are no costs, others than those agreed upon by individual groups.
An ESL Life Group is a small group of six to ten people who wish to improve their English speaking skills, build relationships with other people, recalibrate and grow in their spiritual life with God.
Each group consists of a number of like-minded people who have committed themselves to participate in their group's activities under the leadership of an experienced facilitator. Most groups meet weekly at an agreed time and place. Location and time of meetings are at the convenience of all members of the group.
The values and goals of our ESL Life Groups are as follows:
- Relationships: While prayer and discussion of the material are key elements, the driving force behind each group is the building of relationship with each other and God.
- Discussions: Discussions will center on Christian biblical material.
- Authenticity: The atmosphere within the group should encourage openness and transparency among members.
- Confidentiality: For authenticity to occur, members must be able to trust that issues discussed within the group will not be shared outside the group.
- Respect: Group members need to respect cultural differences within the group and should never say anything that will embarrass other members of the group.
- Social: Aside of biblical discussions, social activities are encouraged within the group and among individual group members.
- Availability: Group members will respect their commitment to attend group meeting regularly and take turns sharing responsibilities as agreed to and assist in the group's activities whenever possible.
We encourage everyone, especially ESL students and Alpha class graduates to join an ES Life Group.
To participate in a group or obtain further information, please contact:
Mrs. Phaik The Tan at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com